Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Comment

  • sacrificial love
From 1 Samuel in the Bible, it is the friendship from Jonathan and David. Jonathan's dad tried to kill David and Jonathan was almost killed because he was protecting David from his father.
I was thinking, in this kind of world now, no one would do that kind of thing because it is not the norm. People would think you are crazy and start thinking if gay or lesbian. *shakes head* Such a world.
From my point of view, friendships nowadays are just friends hanging out and helping each other out. I bet there is no such thing as sacrificial love between friends. I mean, if I ask you to die for your friend or friends, would you want to do that?

On this, I still want to comment about what I wrote. A friend disagrees with what I said. Well, what I meant was that some people take their friend for granted, which is why I said friendships nowadays are just friends hanging out and helping each other. You can never know if this friend is truly your friend. What happens when he or she turns out to be different, as in not whom you used to know.

No comments: