Friday, 23 May 2008

Woo...

Aih.. I so do not know how to do my stats lab work. Dumb la the code. Not the code fault la, I have to figure out what to insert into the code so I can get it done.
Currently in uni computer lab supposedly doing work. I wanted to blog in my .com website but I cannot remember what is the site for login. So came here to blog instead. I guess no one reads this blog anyway. =) Hahaha.. so i can babble whatever I want.

Oh, I learnt that complaining and arguing is not good and we shouldn't do that often. Mian.. and I am doing it now, complaining on the amount of work. It is one question of my lab work but with part a, b, c and d and I don't even know how to do part a. Well, it is more like I have to find mu and sigma and put into rmnorm(N,mu,sigma) to get the generated sample points. Oh oh, know what, a friend asked me if I know how to plot few graphs in one big A4 size. I said, yea I can do it if there are data. Well, hopefully I can make it work. Hehehe.. how does engineering work relates to stats? Just by plotting graphs? *grins Well, most of my stats course are something to do with computer programming and using the codes to find the best model and to elaborate or analysing those models. Eh, it is not easy to find the best model. You have to decide which variables to drop by looking at the AIC, p-value etc.

Ok la, my coursemates are here so I should be doing my work. Ciao.

2 comments:

Alyssa Ng said...

i still pop by here once in a while.. :D

not a stats fan. dun even know what it is. anyway, good luck!

Osbert said...

I do stats in Engineering an its quite useful actually. its more used for testing to check efficiency of the system and if there are lots of systems, it would be too costly to check them all so they only check some of them and base it on normal distribution to make an estimation.