Sunday, 19 August 2007

Truth

I am going to be truthful when I described what I am doing on this job.

I just wanted to say something about the job. I was working on Friday, and I have few customers asking me how long the food will be done. It was only my first time working by myself and I just simply estimate. Few of them were impatient. Then, one was about to order but commented, it’s going to take a long time huh? I answered yes. So, this customer showed an angry face and walked away. Well, it’s not my fault there’s so many orders on that day, right? It’s not my fault that the chef has to cook for a lot of people, right? I feel that the customer was being rude. She shouldn’t have showed an angry face. Why should she? It’s not like she was being treated unfairly.

Another customer, after waiting for a long time, demanded his money back. I think I must have misplaced the order and I quickly took in for the chef to cook before I suspect he comes demanding his money. Man.. when he comes in demanding, I was so scared of him. Now, whenever I think about going to work, the image of this angry customer comes into my mind. It kinds of disturbs me and made me want to quit my job. First day on the first job and I am thinking of quitting, what the… I was letting out my feelings to a friend and he/she told me that sooner or later, I will experience it. It’s true but it just scared me out so much. How come I experience some stuff so early? For example, this and another one was when I was getting my driver license. I had a first time accident before I even sat for the practical test. Oh, it’s not my fault, by the way. It was an old man’s fault. I am not telling more.

As for the old man demanding his money, I was told that it’s ok, it’s only my first time. Yea, I was told that even from close friends but I still feel that it creeps me out.

I guess every jobs has its stressness. Hehe.. I enjoy working on this job, just the image of the old man demanding money creeps me out. I am going to quit when I cannot take it anymore. Em will be coming in to work with me so I am hoping at least I can have someone helping me. I think they need more people to work because they don’t have enough people.

2 comments:

Osbert said...

working with ppl is always like tat one. tats why u would need to learn to deal with ppl like this and it will do u gd in the future. tats why my mum always ask me to go and find a job to do so tat i can be exposed to all kinds of ppl and not get a shock when the real work begins.
keep up the work, but maybe start slow la. don't rush into things too quickly. and rmb, study is more important!!!!

btw, asking emma to work with u won't help the scene much as there would still be 1 cook tat cooks and ppl tat waits for their food. the service of taking orders and drinks would be better but the food remains the same unless u ask the cook to cook faster or get another cook.

LX said...

yup os is right. you get to see the real world out there. and plus, people always say.. 'customer is always right'.