Thursday, 12 July 2007

Casual Job

I thought finding a casual job at a student job search in university would be easy. I mean they advertise the job that would match a student’s study life. How do I know that it would be so hard.

I tried this position of a driver, driving the cars to the garage, I called them up, wasted my Vodafone balance calling. Then, I emailed them. They said they will call me. So, I waited. No call. Isn’t it frustrating to be waiting for a call all day and it never arrives? Yea, now I understand the feeling.

Anyway, just as I thought I was going to give up, they called me on the day I left for Dunedin for holidays. Damn! I missed the call. I came back on Monday and heard the message they left for me. Then, I called them up saying that I missed the call. The guy who picked up the phone has no idea about it so he took my number and mention that they will call me back. Sigh. I will have to wait again. I have been staying in my room all day waiting. Oh, one thing, I gave them my room extension phone number instead of my mobile number. How stupid. I couldn’t go out during the day because I worry that they will call my room and I wasn’t there to pick up.

I think now, they think I don’t want the job. I really want that job. At least it’s casual and they don’t require me to come in all the time.

I don’t trust the jobs at Student Job Search.

No comments: