Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Nightmare

I had a dream today, I dreamt that I went on a holiday with my friends somewhere and all of a sudden, I got a call from mum, asking me where am I. As I don't like to lie to mum, I would normally tell the truth (if she doesn't ask, I won't tell, but if she ask, I would have to tell) so I told her that I was at the airport, going on holiday. Then, the voice from the phone said, 'Ok, you're not getting your car.' I panicked and told my friends that mum is not buying a car for me. Aih.. Then, I woke up.
Why in the world did I dream like that? Maybe I was scared as mum told me that if my results aren't good, no car for me. Well, I don't mind not having a car as most of my friends have cars. I figure I could ask for rides and give them money to pay for petrol. That is what I am doing now anyway. I just gave a $10 petrol voucher to a friend yesterday when she came to pick me up for work.
Then, I thought, oh no, I might actually need the car next year because I don't think I can do my assignments at home since I am moving out from university accommodation soon. From where I am staying now, I can connect to university network to the matlab computer rooms to do my assignments just from the comfort of my room. Sigh.. nevermind, the most I can do is just do my work during the day and stay at home at night even if it means that the assignment is due at 5pm the following day. What can I do? I need to use the programmes in uni matlab computer rooms. I don't want to risk walking to uni at night. I mean, it's quite bright when you walking in uni area but I am moving out into a homestay where there's not a lot of light for walking and it takes 25 minutes to walk to my Math & Stat Building. Not the uni itself. I don't need to go to engineering building which is going to be nearer.
Aih.. enough of my crap. There's always going to be some distraction huh. Nevermind, I will just save up my own money to buy a car, don't think it will be in time for next year. It will probably take me few years to collect up for the amount. Then, the car will be for after I graduate. It's only a matter of time anyway.
I will write more about what my friends and relatives opinions' as of the car decision. But I can say now that friends do support the idea of having a car while my relatives said no, you don't need to have a car. I guess you guys will only understand if you are in my situation here.
Maybe the best is stay back in university accommodation.


2 comments:

Osbert said...

no buses near by where u are going to stay next yr?
and don't worry too much, its only a dream.
take care. :)

peebs said...

can get car one. rmb i counted by next year mid way. u think way too much about the car.