Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Saving up for the rainy days

So what does insurance means? I got this from wikipedia.

Insurance is a form of risk management, primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent loss. Insurance is defined as the equitable transfer of the risk of a loss, from one entity to another, in exchange for a premium.

So, maybe I should buy insurance to insure some of my personal belongings. I moved into a house just the other day and my landlord was mentioning if I did insure my belongings just in case my things got stolen. I said no and was thinking maybe I should have gone for one. Not that he said there are any break ins occurring before but it is just for the safety. I find that sometimes my other flatmates don’t lock the laundry door downstairs. Not very safe, but I locked whenever I go out from the house.

Maybe I should try HGV insurance since I am looking for insurance to insure my belongings. I remembered my parents buying insurance for houses and cars. Just in case anything happens, at least we are insured and we don’t have to pay so much. I think it is really good to buy insurance when you are young, it does save up a lot of money especially for young adults with cars. I think it is really good because you never know if you do accidentally bumped into someone’s car and you have to pay for the damages. But with insurance, the insurance company will definitely pay for you. So, I shouldn’t wait too long to buy insurance. Ok, I will start looking now.

HGV Insurance

No comments: