Sunday, 20 January 2008

Careful

Have been watching crimes investigation programmes at night this week. Though it is scary but you learn something from it. Some programmes are called Snapped: Why Women Killed, Forensic Detectives, Crimes and Punishment, FBI Files, etc. It's interesting to see how they solved the crimes. Sometimes it wasn't solved. One particular crime that I watched last night was about a student being murdered in her own flat/apartment. Just scared at the thought of being home alone. I think the crime scene was around the student campus accommodation. I think the security at university accommodation nowadays should be quite tight. Oh, I did not mention that the particular crime was in 1983. I recalled an rape incident in my university, Canterbury University in 2006 winter. It was just a day before the university holidays started. That night, one of my close friend was walking towards the flat of another close friend along the uni path. She made sure she was walking along bright light areas so we weren't that worried. She also told us that she saw someone walking in the dark in the gym field area. Then, the next day, we heard on the news that there was a rape incident. My friend was so terrified, it could have been her if she did decided to walk in that dark area. After that, my friends and I made sure that all of us walked her back home together at night. It's scary at the thought of near rape incident of my friend.

Anyway, I was talking about university accommodation security. It think it's quite good at the place I stayed in 2007. There were lights everywhere and there are resident assistants walking around at night. And if I were to walk to uni or anywhere at night, I am sure that any of my friends would accompany me so there wasn't a need to be scared. Hehe.. :P But to all student, just be careful wherever you go. Always take a friend if you think someone is stalking you.

No comments: