Saturday, 19 January 2008

News

Last night, I saw the news of a plane nearly crash at Heathrow Airport on BBC news. The plane short landed at the runaway. After watching a lot of crash investigation series on National Geographic, I shouldn't be that scared when I really hear a real one. But I did. Good thing none of them died though a few of them sustained minor injuries. Thank God for that. My sister was saying that there are planes coming in the airport every minute and was saying that it was really dangerous when the plane short landed. What happens if the plane did not short landed on the side. Then it would have affected the planes flying from behind.

Anyway, I still don't know how to differentiate the meaning of affect and effect. I don't really know when to use affect and effect. I know I did check the dictionary before. I just forgot all about it 5 minutes later. I am really that forgetful and not making any effort at all.

1 comment:

Alyssa Ng said...

this news was all over the free newspaper that was place on buses for commuters. surprisingly, we're informed that BA's pilots are one of the best in the world. further, heathrow airport was also claimed to be one of the safest airports in the world.

*raise eyebrows*

anyway, "affect" is how the thing or incident has an impact on you. how do you feel by it? as for "effect" is the outcome from something or incident. what was produce from it? hope it helps. =)

reading is good. it enhances your vocabulary and improve your command of language. well done!