Saturday, 19 January 2008

Spock

Have a long lost friend or cousin, etc? Well, spock.com can help you to search them by contributing information and pictures about themselves and others. What is spock.com about? It is a unique new search application where people can be searched by name, email or tag (anything of personal attribute). The search result will let you know how the person can be found or reached by the links to LinkedIn profile, my space page, etc. In a way, Spock can help search people easily in a more efficient way than on google or Yahoo. The site is also good for professional and social purposes. Let's say if you want to find someone or a friend who is an engineer and you have lost contact with any of your engineer friends, Spock is definitely the best search you can use to find them. I typed in engineering into the search box and I found a lot of people on that category. So, as I said before, spock is really a good place to search for engineering people.

I tried searching my own name and guess what? There are at least 4 other people with having the same name as me. It is incredible to know that someone out in the world also share the same name as you. Oh ya, they are all older than me. Maybe I should try to search for a long lost friend of mine whom I haven’t seen since school. It might help me to find the friend.

I included the example of the widget in case any of you want to know how the widget looks like. Join up Spock and you can start searching around for your long lost friend or any of your engineer friends.

No comments: