Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Thoughts of mine

Know what? I am totally speechless when it comes to comparing mobile phone plans. Ok, so I am currently studying in NZ and have a mobile phone and on vodafone. I topped up my credit as the time goes by, similar to pay as you go in UK.

NZ has only two mobile phone companies, Telecom and Vodafone. I have both phones but more to using vodafone. Currently, using Supa-prepay with 2000txt NZD10 per month. I thought that was really cheap. Calling is not part of it and it cost 89c to call to vodafone lines. It is a different price if calling to a telecom or landlines. I am not sure about what others think but I think it's really expensive.

I don't really count how many mobile phone companies are there in UK, I know there are orange, vodafone-uk, t-mobile, O2, etc. I think it cost around 20p to text and around 20p to call. Ok, if I don't convert, it is really cheap. If I were to have this kind of deal in NZ, I would just call. Some more, sometimes the mobile phone companies has deals on, say free sim card with 150 minutes and 300 free texts with top up £15 per month. Now, I would think it is really good deal if it was in NZ.

Why I complaint so much when I have the 2000texts in NZ? It started with confusion over text messages. When you plan something with friends, you tried to text to few friends at once. Then, you get reply back from them, one is confused, one is not ok, one is ok, etc. This is the part where I am so tempted to call them and explained. But it cost 89c to call and it is not included in the 2000texts plan. There comes another plan called bestmate-NZD6.00. But this is for one person only. So, I am to just use 2000texts plan only.

So now I am in UK, I have a number here and on orange at the moment. I am using 300 free texts and £5 free credit to call. Sometimes, I find excuses to call mum or my sisters. It's free so why don't I use it. Tell you what, I was out with my sisters on Saturday afternoon. My parents went out to Ealing Broadway much later than us. When we reached home, my sister told me that she forgot to bring the house key so we had to wait for my parents to come home. We hung out in front of the house for about 10 minutes before I decide to call my parents, asking them not to be out so long. One of the excuses that I find to call mum. :P

Ok, enough of me babbling so much.

No comments: